Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Safety of our state..

The ABUJA CALL and the Discovery that can't be quoted by Mazi Odera POg JP.

"Mazi Odera, I suspect you are behind the Hyping and promotion of your state Fire Service, the way it gets promoted and enlarged at the Press and the Eyes of the World, but I can bet you that, if there is rational rating of Fire  Fighters and Station, that they can't stand in queue " 

That was a High Ranking caller from Abuja tormenting me very late at night, but good a thing, I have a very sharp, also blunt tongue when it comes to defense of Nke anyi, after all my old man always admonish us with" ya buru Nkitam tagburu Nke Ikeakor, kama Kam kwua ugwo "(In a contest, let it be that my dog, killed that of Ikeakor, let me pay the Fine, than for mine to be the Eke Uke and I dug the grave).

I responded with Italu Akwu ka obu ka Eze gi si acha? And he needed translation or subtitle for it, I simply said... It means,, I hear you..

I bragged that we have Agile Fire Fighters that stood in Gap for us and I also lectured him that the FIRE FIGHTERS APPROACH that has stayed as - Lazy approach - Lexicon is not applicable in Anambara, then after much banter, I promised to run a Cladenstine comparison within Fire Fighters in the states. 

This Expose this Morning is because, oso purum na Ukwu, yes, my Old man was told by Policarp "Okenye JI Nganga agbalu Efi oso" and my Oldman retorted, not a Mad Cow, when you see Mad Cow, no need to run away with Style, you run like mad and allow your Red Cap to fly in the Wind, after all Voom is better than "Let me explain," in any Nigerian Police Raid...

So me POg is running away from the investigation, because what I saw just on Preamble of my investigation sent jitters down my spine and I decided, ka Adazi Ani di etua, Adazi NNUKWU oga adizi agha?..

The Fire Fighters in my state are simply what can be said "Fa na Akwu Udo" (They Commit Suicide on the Job).

The Salary of Fire Fighter is equivalent to a Plate of Food in a Restaurant, not the one with Star.. But yet they always respond within space of minutes at Beck and or call. 

The Vehicles they have serve Dual Purpose... 

They Use it as MUSCLE building Exercise, because they need to Push it to start with Water and the Thing is real Heavy, but on a good day, fa me na afa NNA, the Vehicle will start on its own. 

Then they also use it to fight fire. 

The one that makes me weak is when I looked into what is called Hazzard allowance for Anambra State FIRE FIGHTERS.

Let me explain well, Hazzard allowance is the entitlement a Fire Fighter gets incase he got Burnt, incase a debris fell on him, incase you lose a Limb, incase okukpo Anya, incase fire gutted his Nadike Ogbogu, incase he got seriously Injured fighting a Fire he did not start or knew how it started.... 

The Harzard allowance is 120 NAIRA PER YEAR..

 Let me blake it down.. A month for a FIRE FIGHTER with Family, who transport self to Work , then Wear that Fire Uniform, note that we don't HAVE FIRE PROOF UNIFORM, what we have is nke Akwalu na ABA. 

Then monthly, they get 10 Naira, I did not say Hundred, talkless of Thousand, I said TEN NAIRA per Month.. 

Yes, that is what we budget and pay to our Fire Fighters and we want them to be at the Fore of Fire, we Stone them when they came late, we bash them when they came and the water is gone...

 They don't even stop to ask for Roger or we don't even appreciate them after they put out fire, yet we want them to Fight Fire, abi?..

The most twisting part is that, Politically we Donate CARS, BUSES, MONEY to other Agencies... 

The state buys Chains of Hilux to Police, ATMA, FRSC, PRISON WARDERS and other Agencies, then this Men that put thier own life at stake are ignored and they still go out to fight fire and hope for Hazzard Allowance of 10 Naira!!!.

I am pissed and pained, at least toward the Fire Chief in Anambara state, Mr Martins Agbili called and known as Agility... 

He is not helping the matter, at every accident scene he and his Boys are there. 

At any Fire incident they are there, even when Fuel carrying Tankers got felled, fa anodu na iru ogu and even when he passes infront of other Agencies barrier, they share slap on his face and yet, they kept pushing self for a safety state ... 

If I am asked, I will say, they should have pushed that thier frustration to the Government, I know the Government will scream.. NO MONEY...

 Then the Fire Fighters will calmly watch as Fire Gut many places, houses and they simply go to Church to pray instead of risking thier unvalued life.

Then the Fire Chief would've gone round to most Factories and remind the owners that staying in good terms and good Books or Fire Fighters are better than INSURANCE..

 If it can be called Soft solicitation, let it be.. 

Then all the Billionaires with mouth Watering Houses in the state should be made to understand that FIRE FIGHTERS needs Vehicles, not FIRE TRUCKS but Light Vehicles that will grant them speed and access to venues where the advance Team will cure Fire before it turns to OOH MY GAWD.. 
and if they refuses to help, then when Fire acts, the fighters will be crippled or they will be playing Lido as it rages.. 

It makes me mad, that our Fire fighters are still acting like Holy Nweje when they should understand that, to get what is due to You in Nigeria, that you will be ready to Fight and break bones. 

I don't know about Anambara, but in Lagos, most times when you call Police for Response, they will say.. 

We no get Fuel, we not get Vehicles, our Motor No get Tyre...  blame them or not, they can't provide it with the meager salary. 

Same should be the stance of ANAMBARA FIRE FIGHTERS...

 If Politicians can't sow into them, if Rich men can't compliment them, if the Government can't step in and make them to have future and confidence on what they do, they should start collecting Roger on the Road or stop responding to distress... 

It is this expose that made me to know why in many states, Fire fighters doesn't respond to distress and they don't fight Fire any more. 

I am Making a passionate appeal to our Rich Men, our Government, our Agencies to have a heart and help this people who we hope on when our Vehicles catch Fire, when our Houses are on Fire, when Tankers with Fuel applying this our Gullies we call Road fell and swear to burn down the entire Town.

They need all the Help they can get, including... Shuttle BUSES, Pick Up, Original Uniforms, Fire Fighting Gadgets, Recharge Cards, Phones and not this NOKIA TORCH they are using.. 

They need Android phones and I know we don't expect them to get one with the present HAZZARD ALLOWANCE of 10 Naira, I did not say 10K but 10 as two Digits. 

We need them to be active, also to have free and aided movement to go about on sensitization on Prevention of Fire. 

I have not interviewed any Fire Personnel in Anambara yet, because I may use very bad words and it will turn to Dohanu (Seperate this fight).

Kindly do the one you can, I know the Fire Chief is one Prick who may pretend all is well, but I Mazi Odera POg JP, the conscience of the down trodden is telling us that they need all the help we can give, including igbalu fa Easter, Christmas, New Year and Token at intervals..

This is the Number of the Fire Chief Engr Martin Agbili, known as Agility , one can call him to know how to send them aide.
+2348033867479

This is Mazi Odera POg JP getting pissed that we are pissing on our Fire Fighters who will hold our backs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment