Friday, May 4, 2018

A strained look at AGULU LAKE HOTEL

Golden Tulip AGULU, an Honest  mistake that needs correction by Mazi Odera POg 04/05/18


As I left amaka's place which is very close to Agulu Lake,I was about to reverse, the knock on my rear window sounded hollow but I know at once that the soft breeze that preceed the knock comes from the other side that is not humanly, so I tuned down the volume of the music set that plays "Ada nma, pekem pekem ya Ada Ada " or else the connecting spirit will crash the Set  with static waves, having done that , I breathed a question,,, WHO WANT THE SERVICES OF POg without bringing the 7 Unvirgined  ose oji with the 10 Gigabyte of Data ?.

Then Nwagu Agulu greeted with bended knee and said, "I come in peace with message from THE LAKE ",,,,I then said, speak for the ears are tingling... 

He said to me "The Scribe of the gods, the roads, paths and Waters in AGULU said I should ask you, what wrong did we do that you zipped your tongue against us as a Town? ".

I simply lighted the head Lamp I dimmed, then roll back the Pick up and move on without giving answers , but moving up to GOLDEN TULIP ENTRANCE, that was when I saw the Pews used in blocking the way forcing me to enter THE TULIP and then GBAGAGBA from OBE VILLAGE said to me "Do you see this HOTEL as what has Future or plans to grow above mediocre? ".

As I have learnt iji nkita zaa ajuju di aghaa (Silence to some questions that has ulterior decorations), I brought out the Smoked Mirror App in my phone and gaggle (in Human world we say Goggle)  the Future of GOLDEN TULIP HOTELS AGULU, and may I humbly submit my observation to the Governor, Chief WILLIE OBIANO. 

Sir, as my old man taught me, when they send child to deliver a message to a King, he should do so, but if they ask him to carry him by Fire or Force to a location, he should abstain.. 

So I come as commissioned by the gods whose Voices you can't hear , but I am at liberty to report.
The advantage is that I design what the gods said or think to suit we the living, they make decrees and I rewrite it to be favorable which when they discover, I always tell them that it's mistake of the head and not of the heart. 
My job curbs afflictions of the gods for I took away stings from their anger and use okwuma to soothe it.. Moving on.. 

I looked at the Composition of the BOARD of GOLDEN TULIP HOTELS  AGULU,  and what I saw is Classic mistake, none of them has any interest nor craving to manage Guest House talk less of a Hotel and in this case one of this magnitude. 

This is 4 STARS SETTING and TRAPPINGS which means it needs extreme professionals to run it, but let's look at the Team including.. 

1) Professor Charles Soludo, a Banker 
2)Ifeatu Onyejeme
3)Chief Joe Bill EKWUNIFE 
4)Dr Ifeyinwa Obegolu
5)Patrick Chidolue
6)Chike Akunyili
7)Chriscato Ameke and 
8) Stanley Uzochukwu of STANNEL FILLING STATION FRANCHISE .

Who among the constituted Board has any experience with Hotel Management or should they start with the first Mega Hotel project partnered by the state Government?  .

Do any of them know what is...

F&B (Food and Beverage)  which is one of the better part of judging Hotel. 

The kind of Food and Beverage they serve, the timing, the trimmings, the trippings counts toward the rating and acceptance appendages. 

How many of them knows that with manipulative purchase the Hotel will run  deficits within 1 year ,which the employed of Labour will crookedly do with smiles ? ,meaning, they should have somebody who has great experience in Hotel nitty gritty to circumvent avoidable frauds. 

I am sure not many of them know what is called SOP in Hotel Lingua (STANDARD OPERATIVE PROCEDURE), this is what will make the services attractive.

For the status of this Hotel, it needs professionals and not those who can't tell the difference between a made Hotel Room and changed Bed clothing. 

This Men are Noble no doubt but managing Hotel is not what they will do, and if they will start learning how to do just that, they should start with the one in Town and not the Isolated one which needs an astute management to draw patrons.  

We should remember that GOLDEN TULIP was originally named AGULU LAKE HOTELS,  a project started by Mr PETER GREGORY OBI ,the Former Governor from Agulu who decided that AGULU CROCODILE LAKE will be a Tourist attraction which will be generating money in cartons , so he initiated building of the Hotel which was handed to a Chinese company and was done 91% as at my last Inspection, before the entry of  new and incumbent Government. 

Though the Hotel for some reasons suffered delays ,neglected and abandoned. 
Which was a surprise because there was a set aside fund for the completion, but how Government and contract works, is that they will pay as you Generate Certificate for Job you have done. 

The completion may have things to do with the partnership of GOLDEN TULIP, but populating the Board with Hotel management Neophyte is a mystery to Mazi Odera the pen of the gods because when you have a weak Management it will produce Garbage inn, garbage out . 

My Governor, this Men will not run this Hotel good enough to generate money that will feed them and maintain  the management, talkless of making profit. 

If they manage this for 2 years the GOLDEN TULIP will turn to BRONZE TULIP. 

What you should do is to Silently make some changes  and if any of the changed felt bad, then you obviously trash them all.. 

So far, I still watch the selection and appointments into the New Government,  I can only say.. No comments so far.. 

Mazi Odera POg enjoying anu mkpo dipped in Red oil tainted with Ogiri and Red pepper while watching the Vultures feed on Carcass of a dead Tigress  .

No comments:

Post a Comment